| || |
Join Date: Dec 2008
Re: Error 1603: A fatal error while installing hp officejet 7410xi in Windows Vista
Windows Update and startup services might interfere with the HP software installation. Follow these steps to download the latest HP software to your computer, turn off startup services, and then reinstall the software.
- Open a new window to browse to the Select Software and Drivers page:
- Right-click this link, Select Software and Drivers , and then click Open in New Window .
- If prompted, type your product number. You might also need to click it in a list of similar products.
- Click your operating system.
- The Select software and drivers page opens
- In the Driver section, review the list of available driver downloads, and then click the driver that meets your needs.
- Select the full feature software and driver for a full installation (recommended).
- Select the basic driver for a customized installation.
- Click Download only , and then click Save .
- Click Computer in the left pane under Folders, and then click Local Disk (C in the right pane. A list of the contents on the computer hard drive displays.
- Right-click a blank area in the right pane, and then click New Folder
- Name the new folder hpdisk .
- After naming the folder, click hpdisk to select it as the destination for the installation files that you are downloading, and then click Save . The downloaded files save in the hpdisk folder.