Thread: How to extract data from a Barracuda 7200.7?

How to extract data from a Barracuda 7200.7?

What's up everybody?

i have an issue that i was hoping someone can help me with. i got this pal, whose motherboard went belly up. He wants to recover some data from the hard drive. can any one tell me how to accomplish this.

his hard drive is a seagate Barracuda 7200.7

Re: How to extract data from a Barracuda 7200.7?

Please have a look at this guide for data recovery!
    http://forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/882289.htm

You can download HDD Repairer Seagate (Barracuda 7200.7) 5.0 from the given link

HDD Repairer Seagate (Barracuda 7200.7) 5.0

The restoration program will not destroy the HDD data so it is applicable to data recovery. It provides the users with a most friendly operation interface. Powerful and easy in fixing HDD typical firmware malfunction. Just one click and your data and drive comes back (80% of corrupt Seagate drives are caused by typical malfunction). Check HDD firmware, as your powerful function that enables you to figure out the problem of a drive, there will be a check result created and saved as DIAGNOSIS.TXT. So, after you had this powerful freeware installed, all you have to do is to enter the program and have the target HDD connected correctly. In minutes, you could start fixing the defective HDD using this powerful utility by pressing one single key. This demo version can only restore typical firmware malfunction of Seagate Barracuda VII series HDDs, not for others. If you need to restore other series of Seagate HDD, you should purchase our PRO version with full support range.

Hi,
    This is for windows os. You can get the data from the Hard Drive. As you said that the mother board is messed up. But your Hard Disk is still working. The thing you need to do is, connect the hard disk in another working computer and configure it to slave. The hard disk must support the mother board model. Now when you will switch on the system open My computer. Leaving the original partitions like C and D you will see extra partitions. Like E and F and so on. Now this means that the second hard disk is detected and working. Now download good data recovery tool like, NTFS Partition Data Recovery Software, FAT Partition Data Recovery Software and run the software. Before doing this i will suggest you the following. Right click on the partition in which your data is stored and select properties. In the properties tab select tools and back up. Backup the whole drive in a different partition. You can restore the same files by windows backup utility.

thanks to all for your the quick responses.

another thing i forgot to mention. My pal dumped the computer and only kept the hard drive. I have a computer, but my hard drive utilizes the SATA connection. In addition, my pal told me that a co-worker attached it to his computer, which is a DELL and the hard drive in question belong to a Gateway, but he kept getting a message asking for validation of the software or something. also, the DELL computer wasn't recognizing the mouse of keypad. is there a way to extract the data from my computer, i.e. software i can install or 40-pin to usb cables i can purchased? what i am trying to say is if i can convert this hard drive to an external harddrive and plug it to my comp and extract the data?

Try using this hard drive as your secondary hard drive in your Dell system keeping it as in slave mode