Thread: Macbook pro fan whinnying voice

Macbook pro fan whinnying voice

I have purchased new Macbook Pro but it's too hot and this is because it's fan seems to be running continuously and make whinnying voice continuously, i have turn off all the processes from the Task Manager but even though no processes are running it gives that same noise continuously,what may be the reason behind this, please suggest.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Macbook pro fan whinnying voice

You need to check for the power manager for macbook pro, it may happen that power supply goes to the Macbook pro will be little excess. just follow the steps.

1. If the computer is on, turn it off.
    2. Disconnect the AC adapter and remove the computer's battery.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds and then release the button.
    4. Reconnect the battery and AC Adapter.
    5. Press the power button to restart the computer

This will slow down your processor whinnying voice.

You need to confirm with the OSX of that uses do not seem to apply to XP/Vista if you're running in Bootcamp, thus the system is going to get hotter and require faster rpm to manage those temps. This may also happen if you are keeping your processor very near to the magnetic or same as that. In my experience, the fans generally get noticeable once you top 2700-3000rpm, but whether that is annoying depends on your sensitivity to the sound. and to avoid that you need to keep the volume level at minimal rate.

Re: Macbook pro fan tool

Thanks for all your replies, but read in some blogs that we can also make use of tools which will also help to turn down the noise, If anyone knows about it please let me.

I have also read at the Apples that SMC fan Tool which lower down the temperature to the greate extent but these need to be reconfigured after every restart.