Thread: Need help buying a new PC Cabinet + PSU

Exclamation Need help buying a new PC Cabinet + PSU

hi guys,

I've finally decided to get a decent cabinet coz of all the heating problems.

After a lot research I've narrowed the choice to 2 cabinets.
    Thermaltake Matrix
    Coolermaster Elite 330

So do any of you know about these cabinets? Would you advise me to buy from these (if yes which one?) or would you suggest any other.

I've found out that both these cabinets do not come with PSUs. I'm currently using a Techcom 450W PSU. I'm not sure if this PSU is good enough for my config. (Core 2 Duo E4300, Intel DG965RY, Nvidia 8600GT, 2 Optical Drives, 250 GB HDD, 3GB Ram). I'm guessing its not as I'm getting a LOT of problems with heating and dust. So I would need to buy a good PSU as well. I have no idea about PSU's. So please suggest anything good for my config.

My budget for both cabinet + PSU is Rs. 4000/-. I might be willing to shell out an extra 1K if it is reqd. But I would be more inclined to spend the extra cash on the PSU rather than the cabinet.

Also, both these cabinets come with only 1 Fan. So I would need to buy another fan. Please also suggest a suitable inexpensive fan.

If possible please also let me know where I could get these in Bangalore.

Thanks,

Re: Need help buying a new PC Cabinet + PSU

Your cabinet seems to be good but the psu that you have is the minimum requirement for your rig, so consider getting a 550 Watts Power Supply for good results. You can also choose your cabinets and PSU by checking the prices listed for them in this all topics:

Computer Case (Cabinet) Price List
    CoolMaster Cases/Cabinet Price List in India
    Power Supply Price list in India

You can even try for Centurion RC590. It offers a mid-tower case fit for PC users everywhere. Bold and sleek, the Centurion 590 performs as well as it looks. Its front panel features a fully-meshed design that provides superior airflow. Add to that fully ventilated side and top panels and you have a PC chassis capable of keeping the most demanding systems cool as can be.

Your cabinet seems to be good but the psu that you have is the minimum requirement for your rig, so consider getting a 550 Watts Power Supply for good results.
    actually on another forum some one suggested me to buy a lower priced cabinet like say Zebronics Bijli and instead invest the rest of the money on a good psu like Coolermaster 500W or Corsair 450W. How is the consensus on Bijli? I've myself read some people complaining about it like sharp edges, dust, bad cable management etc, but at the same time some people seem to be absolute fans of it. Heard some people have got it for as low as 900/- w/o psu. If it is really that cheap and reasonable quality, I can even install some good fans on it.

You can even try for Centurion RC590.
    checked the price on that. That alone costs 4K and w/o psu. My initial budget was 4K for cabinet + psu!! Now 5K but not more than that.

Cabinet : Antec NSK4400 for 2100-200. or
    Coolermaster 33X series 2100-2200 . I personally prefer Antec though coolermaster is more famous.
    PSU: Antec Earth watts EA430 3300-3500. or CoolerMaster real power pro 460W:- 3600. or Tagan 500W Rs.3300 or Corsair CX400 3K; Corsair Vx450 4K.
    Take your pick, you can't go wrong with either of these. If you want to stick to 4K budget take Coolermaster extremepower 390 or ZEBronics realwatts 450.

Try to get the nice cabinet of your choice within around 3.5K-4K. The Power Supply Unit are not that costly. It would cost you at the most 800-1K, keeping you within the budget of 5K.

hey,

I've pretty much decided on getting the Corsair 450VX as psu. Now looking for the cheapest price I can get for it in Bangalore. Any help would be appreciated.

Now about the cabinet. Well the psu itself is going to cost me close to 4K, so dont think I can afford another 2K on the cabinet. So is there any other cheaper cabinet with features like the Coolermaster 330 or TT Marix (Tool less installation, good air flow, provision for 2 fans atleast and good build quality)? Around 1 - 1.5K

Thanks.

This sites location is somewhere in Lamington Road, Mumbai. So try searching for your dream PC Cases over there.

Quote Originally Posted by unidentified View Post
    This sites location is somewhere in Lamington Road, Mumbai. So try searching for your dream PC Cases over there.
    I live in Bangalore.... sry didnt mention it...