Thread: Realtek HD Audio Manager Problem

Realtek HD Audio Manager Problem

hi,
    I have a Fujitsu Siemens desktop with 5 speakers and came with Realtek HD Audio Sound Manager. but HD Audio manager is not working properly after updating my realtake driver.When I look at the device manager, it says that the drivers are not installed. i tried to disabled the audio device in the BIOS and reinstall driver.but after re-enable the onboard audio the device manager still show a problem with High Definition Audio driver.

Re: Realtek HD Audio Manager Problem

Sounds like a potential driver or registry entry corruption. can you see an exclamation point next to the name of the hardware device.if no then try simply re-installing the Realtek audio drivers. I suggest obtaining the latest reference drivers straight from Realtek.

Uninstall and reinstall the device drivers
    • If no exclamation point appears next to the name of the device and the device does not function correctly, manually uninstall and reinstall the device drivers. To do this, follow these steps:
    • Click Start,,type Device Manager in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
    • Click Continue. The Device Manager dialog box is displayed.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
    • In the list of device types, click the kind of device, and then locate the specific device that is not functioning.
    • Right-click the device, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Click OK.
    • In the Device Manager dialog box, click the Action menu, and then click Scan for hardware changes. You may receive a message that states that Windows has to install driver software for your unknown device. If you receive this message, click Locate and install driver software (recommended).
    • You may also receive a message that states that a hardware device is being installed and that the uninstalled device is now present in Device Manager.

To resolve this, try the following:
    1. Click Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
    2. Look for the following two items: Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and High Definition Audio driver Package.
    3. If these items are listed in Add/Remove programs, remove them.
    4. Restart Windows.
    5. Download the latest audio driver for your PC.
    6. Double-click the filename to extract the files.
    7. Go to the folder where the files have been extracted and browse to the \HDAQFE\xpsp2\us\ folder or the \MSHDQFE\Win2K_XP\us\ folder. (The name of this folder depends on your PC model.)
    8. Double-click the file kb888111xpsp2.exe to install the High Definition Audio Driver Package.
    9. Restart Windows.
    10. Install the audio driver.

Note the above procedures do not work if you have XP SP3 already installed
    I have tried to fix this problem 4 or 5 different ways according to suggestions from folks on the XP.General Usenet forum.
    The hot fix installation program (kb888111xpsp2.exe) gives an error message saying that the fix will not work because you have a version (SP3) of Windows that is newer than the fix is designed for(SP2). Also apparently the Microsoft HD drivers were not included in SP3 package .