Thread: Enable sata option on a laptop pavilion dv6000

Enable sata option on a laptop pavilion dv6000

Hello,

I would like to install windows vista on a pavilion dv 6000 pc but I can not activate the options to enable SATA in Bios, can anyone help me? I have checked the whole system for this options 10 times but no worth, please help..

Best regards

Re: Enable sata option on a laptop pavilion dv6000

Many people have downgraded from Vista to XP. The only issue is Win XP SP2 is that it wont recognise the SATA HDD as it doesnt have the necessary drivers. You need to get the SATA option available in the BIOS only.when you downgrade from vista to XP you need to disable native SATA in the BIOS and then install XP or slipstream the SATA drivers into your XP disc and install.

You may be also provided with guide for further detailed steps on installing XP on a dv6000t series...

Most people mistakenly disable SATA support in the BIOS rather than slipstreaming. But if you slipstream you can also add other stuff like integrating other service packs, XP updates, removing unnecessary programs or generally customize the OS installation.

There is an equal chance of running into problems with either method. people have had BSOD's when you are trying to install the SATA drivers or the slipstream not working well. If this is the first time you are doing this it might take more time but to resolve that you need to follow the guide for the installation.

This is possible that you wont get the sata option some time i will suggest a way to do that,you need to disable <native SATA support> in the bios prior to installing XP, so XP will load and function on the regular IDE driver, then install the SATA driver afterwords, via the Device manager, (update SATA driver function), which is what I did.

Re-enable <native sata support> in the bios, after you see your corrected sata driver, in device manager.