Thread: Mouse and Keyboard stops functioning on Windows Xp

Mouse and Keyboard stops functioning on Windows Xp

Hey Guys,

I have installed Windows Xp on my pc. From last few days whenever i try to work on my computer, i get stuck in middle of any application when i try to access it on my pc. Firstly a beeping sound can be heared and immediately after few seconds my mouse and keyboard automatically stops working on the system. I can see the light on my optical mouse, but can't see any light on my keyboard. I can see my application running fine, but my mouse and keyboard stops functioning on my pc. In order to get them working back on my pc, i have to reboot my system. Can any body tell me that why i'm having such problem on my pc? Does any body knows about this issue? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue.

Thanks.

Re: Mouse and Keyboard stops functioning on Windows Xp

The beeping sound you here are BIOS error beep codes.Try to find the brand of BIOS your PC has (Award/Phoenix, Etc.) And if you are not sure on how to locate the BIOS information, try to download and install Belarc Advisor. Afterwards Run Belarc and located on the right hand side and search for section titled: "Main Circuit Board" and try to look for an entry similar to:"BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD. om your system.

Try to unplug your mouse as well as your keyboard and after some time plug them back on your system and wait for some time and then reboot your system. I think it will work now.

If it doesn't get reolved, then contact your manufacturer in order for technical assistant. If you mouse as well your keyboard are having waranty, then you can replace them from your manufacturer or otherwise you can also get repaired it.

I presume your are using USb mouse. Even I face similar situations. The reason may be a USB conflict. Even I am looking for a solution.