Thread: Can't see external firewire drive visibile in F10

Can't see external firewire drive visibile in F10

Hey Folks,

Just few days before i was able to see my firewire drive in F8, but recently i have upgraded to F10. But after upgrading to F10 i'm not able to view my firewire drive. Can any body tell me that what wrong have i done while configuring it to F10? Does any body have any idea about this issue? Kindly help me out to resolve the above problem.

Thanks.

Re: Can't see external firewire drive visibile in F10

Just go to your Start Menu and then right click on your My computer. Then click on Manage and select Disc Management, then find your USB hdd on it and then just right click on it and select Change dirve letter and paths and then change the drive letter to one that is not yet in use. That's it and your job is done.

I suggest removing the device by clicking on it and choosing REMOVE. To do this, the device must be plugged in of course, as you have said, the device manager sees it. By REMOVING the device, AND ALL OTHER USB Devices and hubs that are displayed in the USB devices, then clicking on REFRESH to allow windows to re-detect the usbhub/controller and then the device.

An IDE primary hard drive is usually referred to as "/dev/hda," while the secondary drive (usually the CD/DVD) is referred to as "/dev/hdb." If your drives are SCSI in nature, then they may be "/dev/sda" and "/dev/sdb."

If your drive is partitioned, the actual drive names may be "/dev/hda1," "/dev/hda2," and so on, up to the number of partitions on your drive. External (USB) drives I believe are treated as SCSI drives, and are given the "/dev/sd" name. At least I know that is true for USB flash drives.