Thread: Pioneer DVR-XD08: a new external DVD burner

Pioneer DVR-XD08: a new external DVD burner

Pioneer has announced a new external DVD burner under reference DVR-XD08.

Plugged into the USB interface of the computer, the DVR-XD08 writes DVD-R, DVD + R, DVD + RW 8x, DVD-RW, DVD-R DL, DVD + R DL with 6x, DVD - RAM 5x, CD-R and CD-RW 24x. In reading, the device reaches 8x with DVD-ROM and 24x with CD-ROM.

It comes with a full range of software including PowerProducer 5 Cyberlink, PowerDirector 7, PowerDVD 7, Power2Go 6, InstantBurn 5, MediaShow 4 and PowerBackup 2.

In addition, the drive supports Pioneer's PureRead and PowerRead functions, also met at the company's internal DVD burners for the Japanese market. The PowerRead function makes it easier to read a damaged DVD Video disc while the PureRead function compensates the digital noise introduced when a scratched or dusty audio CD is reproduced. The idea behind PURE READ is to try and correct damaged sectors, which are read from the Audio-CD. The feature re-reads damaged sectors to see if it can recover them. When these damaged sectors are read in a normal scenario, the sector may well be read without any serious error, but sometimes pops or crackles can be heard in the final ripped file. When a sector that is difficult to read is detected, the laser tries to re-read the damaged sector. Not just re-reading the sector, but the drive will actually adjust its read parameters (I.E. higher or lower laser power and the angle of the laser beam are adjusted) to try and get the best possible read-back from that damaged sector. An algorithm calculates the "best" or "average" result it achieves, and that information (I.E. the best-possible result) is then used as part of the final file.

Finally, the drive features the 'True Theater' technology that can be able to upscale DVD video content to full-HD resolution.

Price and availability:
    This DVD will be available in May and posted to 15 000 yen, or about 120 euros.

Characteristics:
    The burning speeds:
    DVD-R: 8x
    DVD + R: 8x
    DVD-RW: 6x
    DVD + RW: 8x
    DVD-R DL: 6x
    DVD + R DL: 6x
    DVD-RAM: 5x
    CD-R: 24x
    CD-RW: 24x

Speeds reading:
    DVD-ROM: 8x
    CD-ROM: 24x
    IF you hate me, please don't mention it. I know who hates me and who doesn't. You really do not have to make fun of people....

Re: Pioneer DVR-XD08: a new external DVD burner

Other information:
    • Connecting to the USB interface
    • Buffer: 2 MB
    • Type of Loading: Tray
    • Running with the horizontal
    • Dimensions: 150.3 x 18.9 x 161 mm
    • Weight: 360 g
    • Finish: Black
    • Power supply via USB or the AC outlet
    IF you hate me, please don't mention it. I know who hates me and who doesn't. You really do not have to make fun of people....