Thread: How to set driver signing behavior

How to set driver signing behavior

hey guys,, i need some urgent help from you all. Whenever i go through so system updates, i receive the following error message:
    Digital Signature Not Found

The Microsoft digital signature affirms that software has been tested with Windows and that the software has not been altered since it was tested.

The software you are about to install does not contain a Microsoft digital signature. Therefore, there is no guarantee that this software works correctly with Windows.

Unknown software package

If you want to search for Microsoft digitally signed software, visit the Windows Update Web site at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to see if one is available.

Do you want to continue the installation?
    I think i need to set the driver signing behavior. Could you guys help me out ? Please

Re: How to set driver signing behavior

Driver signing lets you make sure that installed drivers are compatible with windows, which means that the driver being installed has been tested by microsoft and works as expected. This setting controls the options that should appear if windows is about to install a driver that has not been digitally signed.

So to set the driver signing behavior, follow this steps:-

• Click the 'Start' button, and select 'Run'. In the resulting dialog box, type "regedit".
    • Go to the <b>[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\]</b> key, right-click and click on "New > Key" to create a new key with the name "Driver Signing".
    • Right-click on the blank area in the right pane and click on "New > DWORD Value" to create a new DWORD value with the name "Policy".
    • Right-click on the 'Policy' DWORD value and click on "Modify".
    • Enter either of the code values in the text box like "00 - Ignore, 01 - Warn, 02 - Block" and click on 'OK'. It further depends upon the values given on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE path.
    • Now go to the <b>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Driver Signing\]</b> key, right-click on the blank area in the right pane and click on "New > Binary Value" to create a new Binary value with the name "Policy".
    • Right-click on the 'Policy' Binary value and click on "Modify".
    • Enter either of the code values in the text box and click on 'OK'. The data values can be "00 - Ignore, 01 - Warn, 02 - Block".

Thats it..

Microsoft has digitally signed Win2K system files to ensure that the OS will run smoothly. A digital signature is Microsoft’s assurance that no other software installations have altered the files and that Microsoft has tested the files and approved them for use with Win2K. If someone accidentally or intentionally replaces a system file or a device driver, Windows File Protection automatically replaces the offending file or driver with Microsoft’s digitally signed file.

Thanks for the quick help. I'll try this now and get back to you if got some problem.. Hope it works..

Thank you friends !!