Thread: Can't get microphone output to headphones from laptop

idea Can't get microphone output to headphones from laptop

Hello Friends,

Recently i had bought headphone splitter for my 2 pairs of headphones, in order to hear the music which i play on my laptop. The problem is that i can record on Audacity from the laptop, but can't get any sound from the microphones. I would like to set it, in a such a manner that even the person next to me can hear my voice through his headphones easily. Can any body tell me that how can i do it? Does any body knows about this issue? Any kind of information on the above issue would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't get microphone output to headphones from laptop

Is the headphone splitter just a glorified audio jack with two sockets? If so, there is no way that you can hear different signals on the two pairs of headphones. Perhaps you are using two sound cards or some other set-up?

The headphones splitter does not have wiring for a microphone. If you want sound into the microphone to come out of the headphones than you need an input connector for the microphone that connects it to the mic input of the computer, then use software to play it into the headphones.

Some Windows laptops have one audio input that can switch between two different services -- Microphone and Line.

You need to go into the laptop hardware services to figure out what to do. Some of these services allow you to change the hardware in the Windows control panel. Line-In typically is high level, stereo and takes a Tip/Ring/Sleeve connector (one ring). The headphone out of an iPod is line level as is the audio output of most CD, DVD, and Cassette players.

Mic-In is very low level mono, but still takes a TRS connector with a variation. Mic-In connections typically have software arrangements where the one microphone appears on both left and right. Some just give you mono and have a happy day. These connections were designed for a communications system like Vonage or Skype. Most communications headsets will plug straightaway into a Windows machine.

Control panel--> Sound and audio--> Audio tap--> Choose front output, front input (from drop down menu). Go to Realtek HD Audio Manager--> Audio I/O tap--> deselect "Multi-streaming enabled" button. The sound comes out through the headphone instead of the CPU.

Hope this might help you out.