Thread: How can I disable laptop microphone

ohmy How can I disable laptop microphone

Hello Everybody,

I'm having a Compaq Presario laptop. I would like to record some narratives over a video on my laptop. Th problem is that i'm unable to disable the integrated microphone. Even i try to plug the microphone into the MIC jack on the laptop, it stills keeps on recording using the integrated mike which results into a low volume sound. I can not see any features on my laptop to disable it. Can any body tell me that how can i disable it? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue.

Thanks in advance.

Re: How can I disable laptop microphone

The first place I would look is in the Start-->Settings-->Control Panel-->Sounds and Audio Devices. You will see and 'Advanced' button in the middle of the menu. Click on that, and the 'Master Volume' panel should open, and you can move the volume for the microphone down.

If that doesn't work, you can always disable the microphone device in the Device Manager.

Goto the Speaker icon on the taskbar next to the clock. Right Click and goto Recording Devices. Then again Right Click on Microphone and click DISABLE.

If you have an external Microphone attached, then 'FrontMic' will be clickable, set that to DEFAULT.

You can also accomplish this by doubleclicking the speaker icon in the system tray. If it is not there, you can enable it by selecting "Place volume icon in the taskbar" from the "Sound and audio devices properties" control panel applet. Once you have the mixer up, if microphone isn't an option, the choose 'options-->properties'. and check the box next to microphone. Then, you can control the volume easily.