Thread: Network Printer Error 50 on HP LaserJet P3005

Network Printer Error 50 on HP LaserJet P3005

Hello,
    I just received an error 50 on my HP LaserJet P3005, and starts it up, inserting paper, ink cartridges supplied. then says "Can not init. 50". What hell does that mean and what can I have done wrong ? i am facing this problem in my Mac OS X.

Thanak you
    Technology is a way of organizing the universe so that man doesn't have to experience it.-- Max Frisch 1911 -1991

Re: Network Printer Error 50 on HP LaserJet P3005

Here are some more generic things to try -
    Reset Printing System (new in Tiger) - In Printer Setup, click this menu item found just above Quit Printer Setup. Download the Combination Updater from Apple, use it to re-Update OS X. Try Printer Setup Repair from www.fixamac.net. Put in your install DVD and restart while holding the c key. DO NOT continue the installer - instead, find Disk Utility in the top (Finder) menus and use it to repair the hard drive.

One more - delete the HP folder from Library/Printers, then reinstall the HP driver (get latest download).

Re: Network Printer Error 50 on HP LaserJet P3005

Error 50 (fuser malfunction)

HP II/III series most likely cause is the ac power module is defective. Order the HP II/III Service 50 Error Repair Kit. If the quartz fuser lamp is burned out, order the replacement fuser on specials page. Slight possibility of loose connector on DC controller. See tweaking page DC controller could also be defective, but this is very rare.

HP IIP/IIP+/IIIP most likely cause is burned out quartz lamp. Order the HP IIP/IIIP 50 Service Error Repair Kit. Could also be a failure of the power supply.

HP 4/4+/5 most likely cause is burned out quartz lamp. Order the HP 4 Service 50 Error Repair Kit. Could also be a failure of the power supply.

HP 4L/4P/5L/5P/6L/6P most likely cause is a bad ceramic heating element.

All other printers most likely cause is burned out quartz lamp. In rare instances the ac power supply has failed. Even rarer, the DC controller is defective.