Thread: Error Message : Diskette drive 0 seek failure

Error Message : Diskette drive 0 seek failure

Hi friends,

I am getting an error message as Diskette drive 0 seek failure. Whenever i am trying to start my Pc.Everything was working fine till yesterday.I am getting this message today only.I don't know what wrong with my PC.Can anyone help me out with this issue.

Re: Error Message : Diskette drive 0 seek failure

Sure i will help you out with this,it normally happens because of Faulty or improperly installed diskette, loose diskette/CD interface cable, or loose power cable.Replace the diskette. Ensure that the diskette/CD-drive subsystem is properly installed. If the problem persists, replace the diskette/CD-drive subsystem.

I have checked it everything is working fine.

I was also getting same message try to go into bios by f2 and click on load default then go into Integral at the bottom.Click on FDC or FDS and disable it. It worked out for me hope it will work for you too.

smile Re: Error Message : Diskette drive 0 seek failure

It took me some time to register here in order to post a fix for the "Diskette Drive 0 Seek F1 to continue, F2 to whatever." This drove me nuts and to my surprise I fixed it today. I went to F2>to (System or Administrator)> password, (not sure which one); however, there is only one line for a password. NOW! I don't remember if (blank) is a default password or not, but in my case I put the word "blank" w/o the quotations, and it unlocked making it able for me to go down to Floppy Diskette on the left side of the F2 page>pressed ENTER>and used the arrows on the keyboard to highlight OFF>then I pressed the ESC key>and then (save and exit.) I hope those of you that are experiencing this issue can resolve this as I have just explained.