Thread: HDMI sync problem

HDMI sync problem

I have a Sharp LC-46D43U LCD TV. I have the Cox DVR hooked up to HDMI port #1 and the XBox 360 hooked up to HDMI #2. Without fail every bluray I watch loses sync for about 2 seconds, It only happens once every movie, and always toward the start of the movie.then plays fine the rest of the movie.It ceases to try to make connections, it doesn't display any image, there is no sound, nothing appears to function.

Re: HDMI sync problem

right-click on the desktop, go into Personalise, then Display Settings, Advanced.

There should be a button there called LIST ALL MODES, go into there...

scroll down and use that to change between different resolutions and refresh rates.

I used to have overscan issues running my Bravia 1080i over HDMI, and i needed to change the refresh rate. i was also having a weird audio problem which was fixed when i tried a different refresh rate too...

It sounds like there is a bug/feature in the TV, where it "fixes" the lip sync issue by delaying sound when the source is HDMI (or something like that) -- only, it believes there's always HDMI when the connector is there. Maybe this is not at all the real reason, but try to check if there is a firmware upgrade available.

hi,
    there is no lip sync function on the PCH so for a file to play in sync via HDMI direct to your TV and yet out of sync via your amp means that either your amp takes a small amount of time to process the audio before playing it or more likely the amp has been set slightly off sync or not set up correctly. Read your amp manual as most amps have extensive sections on this and how to sync up your sound.