Thread: Panasonic UJ-120 Not Reading Blue-Ray

Panasonic UJ-120 Not Reading Blue-Ray

hi,
    I have recently purchased an Panasonic UJ-120 drive,the problem is when I put a blue ray on the drive flashes and it seems to start reading but doesn't appear in windows explorer.i held the power button until it turned off. When i turned it back on and repaired my controller. it stops attempting to the read the disk.Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Panasonic UJ-120 Not Reading Blue-Ray

You will need to make sure your thumb drive is no bigger than 4gb and you do not have any other files on it. Once you download the file on the thumb drive, you will need to unzip the file on the same thumb drive. The zip file is one of the new ones, so you might need to go to the web and get a shareware program that will open it. After this - turn your player on and go to setting, next scroll down to update firmware, insert the drive and tell it OK, it will ask you if this is OK, tell it OK and it will upgrade the firmware in about 2 min. I have already done this with 3 other players with no problem. Good luck.

hi,
    have you downloaded the K-Lite Codec pack? This simple codec pack allows me to play just the movie file when used with AnyDVD HD.
    PowerDVD really sucks. I had their PDVD 7 and 8 programs installed and neither could play most BluRays. I use Media Player Classic that comes with K-Lite and have not had any problems.

I had a similar issue when I applied the "critical" update on powerdvd. It wouldn't play any blu ray discs.

I uninstalled powerdvd and reinstalled from CD - now works without this update.

Blu-ray support is limited due to the protection is updated regularly. The decryption key that was being used may not be valid after a protection modification.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawko View Post
    You will need to make sure your thumb drive is no bigger than 4gb and you do not have any other files on it. Once you download the file on the thumb drive, you will need to unzip the file on the same thumb drive. The zip file is one of the new ones, so you might need to go to the web and get a shareware program that will open it. After this - turn your player on and go to setting, next scroll down to update firmware, insert the drive and tell it OK, it will ask you if this is OK, tell it OK and it will upgrade the firmware in about 2 min. I have already done this with 3 other players with no problem. Good luck.
    Rawko, I am having same issue as Jamin. Could you tell me what file you were mentioning? Where I can download that firmware for UJ-120. It seems like you are talking about some media player not UJ-120. Thanks in advance.