Thread: Can't play audio through all speakers

unsure Can't play audio through all speakers

Hello Friends,

I'm having 5.1 creative speakers attach to my system. I had even plugged all the cables in according to their colors. The problem is that when i try to play any song by using media player such as VLC player or Windows Media player 11 i do not get sound through all speakers. I'm able to get sound only from three speakers. I don't understand why i don't get sound from all the speakers. Does any body have any idea about this issue? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't play audio through all speakers

Some multi-channel speakers are having some switch to change it to 2.1/5.1 mode.

Search for that kind of a switch.

yYu can do a manual scan for hardware changes in device manager by going to Computer-right click, select manage, then right click sound and select scan for hardware changes. I am not sure but it could be your sound device driver. You may need to install the device driver for the sound card. This is a disk that come with the card or with the computer if the sound card was already an installed component. If you can't find the disk you can go to the Sound card manufacturers web site and look for the device driver and download it. After the download is complete you will need to do a restart and your sound should then work. The Operating System holds many drivers itself which is how other components are working such as your mouse, monitor, video card,etc. but not always, which is why you need to go to the manufacturers web site and download it.

Plugging in the wrong speaker cables in place shouldn't damage anything I know of. I had uninstall the driver and reinstall. Use a driver cleaner program after you uninstall before rebooting and trying again. Are you using the latest Creative Drivers? And if you are, have you tried previous ones?

CMSS 3D is artificial surround, so evidently it isn't possibly seeing your rear speakers, have you gone into the speaker settings and configured them?

If the driver is the problem you should download the Driver Genius software instead of searching at sound drivers websites. That program will search and install a driver compatible with your sound card and it should solve the problem.