Thread: Mac Mouse ball won't work

Mac Mouse ball won't work

hi,
    i have problem,my new mac mouse doesn't work fine when i move cursor over page it takes too much time and wheel scrolls up but the page doesn't move up. I checked system preferences and its on scrolling vertical and horizontal.Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Mac Mouse ball won't work

Remove the mouse driver in safe mode would probably reinstall the standard mouse driver XP has.

You didn't accidentally installed on of those multimedia extra's did you ?

Try cleaning the external parts of the apple mighty mouse with rubbing alcohol first. The scroll ball often stops working because dirt particles get into the small wheels inside the mouse that the scroll ball rolls against. Be sure to unplug the mouse from its power source before doing anything.

I'd suggest turning off that function in the mouse software. A lot of software, and I really think it's Windows XP, is built with autoscroll capabilities.

Word, Excel, IE, Firefox, Opera, and many other programs will scroll automatically if you press down on the button and let go. As you note, you should get a little autoscroll arrow-- but, in my experience, it is right where I clicked the mouse wheel. Note that I said "clicked the mouse wheel." Don't hold it down and don't try to rotate it at that point. Rotating the wheel is a different function and not part of the autoscroll. The autoscroll moves up when you move the mouse pointer up the page -- and down when you move it down.

hi,
    Have you tried reinstalling the driver? Or just uninstall the mouse entirely and reinstall it.