Thread: Maximize USB Port on motherboard

Maximize USB Port on motherboard

Hey guys!
    I have a Gigabyte motherboard and my friend has the same board...! But i have only 6 USB ports where as my friend has 8 usb ports...! How is that possible? I use a lot of USB device like web cam, printer, USB data cable for nokia, a bluetooth dongle and digicam. Now all my ports are full but if i have to use some other device like , a pendrive, i have to unplug one device and then use the other... Can i increase my USB ports? Please help...!

Re: Maximize USB Port on motherboard

Hey!
    I guess two USB ports must be on the front side of the CPU...! And you might not be having that..! If you you can bring a USB port cable that connects on the motherboard and give you USB access on the front side if your cabinet has a slot for it...! All the best...!

Hey!
    Thanks for taking time out and replying my question... but i do have front usb ports..! I have 4 rear + 2 front USB ports while my friend had 6 rear + 2 front usb ports...! How is that possible when both our motherboards are same...! Please help guys! I really need to expand the USB ports!

Hey!
    There are 4 USB ports that are hardwired on the motherboard... There are two USB ports on the motherboard that needs cable port. These ports give two USB connection. So out these one port is generally used for front USB and the remaining one port is not used. Your friend must have used that port and connected it in the back of the CPU and that would make it look likt it is sone device connected to PCI slot...! I have 8 ports too...! All the best.... If you want to extend and use more then 8 ports use a USB hub...!