Thread: Problem with Microphone in Windows 7

sad Problem with Microphone in Windows 7

Hey Guys,

I'm running Windows 7 as my operating system. The problem is that my microphone doesn't seems to be working at all in Windows 7. When i try to find out my microphone by going in to the Control Panel, it doesn't show anything in the list. Can any body tell me what exact problem do i have on my system? Kindly help me out to resolve this issue. Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Problem with Microphone in Windows 7

May be your problem is with the driver that is not completely compatible with Windows 7. As this OS is in Beta version, I suggest you that if you are in the Microsoft Beta Testing Program, summit the information about the failure to them. They can provide you with feedback or at least the problem will be addressed for the final version of the OS.

I fixed the situation by downloading Windows 7 64-bit from the Microsoft website. Then i install it on my system and further updated my driver. Now its working absolutely fine.

In cases whereby the Microphone is not recording or not being detected by the soundcard, it is advisable to run the soundcard installation once again with the bundled cd and selecting repair to ensure that the installation is now complete and proper. Do also check that the soundcard has been selected as the default device for recording:

1. Select Control Panel, and then Sounds and Audio Devices
    2. Select the Audio Tab and ensure that the Sound Blaster card has been selected as the default device for Sound Playback and Sound Recording
    3. Launch a recording application such as the Creative Mediasource to test the recording session again.

If the microphone volume is too low while recordings, check the Volume Controls to make sure the recording volume for the microphone has not been turned down.