Thread: Problem with 3M USB Printer Cable

Problem with 3M USB Printer Cable

I am in a big problem. I am facing problems regarding my 3m usb printer cable. I tried reinstalling drivers. but no results. I try to on printer it says attach your usb cable properly. I don't know what's going wrong.

Please provide some appropriate solution regarding this

Re: Problem with 3M USB Printer Cable

Make sure the printer is turned on.

Make sure the power cord is securely plugged into the electrical outlet.

Test the power by plugging in the power cord of another electrical appliance to an electrical outlet and turn it on. If the power to the other electrical appliance comes on, the printer may be considered to be faulty.

If this product is recognized:
    Close this page to return to the installation window.

If this product is not recognized:
    Proceed to the next step.

Not quite sure how to answer your question..... I also have a R200 and have not had to do anything but plug it into the USB port. Can you confirm that your USB ports are enabled in BIOS. ESUSB1should NOT be disabled or removed.
    It will show as disconnected if you switch off the printer or remove the cable.

For Windows XP, Click on Start, right-click on the My Computer icon in the Start menu, then click on Properties. For Windows 2000, right-click on the My Computer icon on your desktop, then click on Properties.

Click the Hardware tab, then click the Device Manager button

Click on the Universal Serial Bus controllers option, and check if the USB Universal Host Controller and the USB Root Hub are identified. If the USB Universal Host Controller and the USB Root Hub are identified, your Windows operating system provides USB support.

Make sure the USB cable is securely connected to the printer and to your computer and check that the USB cable is not damaged nor badly crimped.

The printer will not be recognized during the driver installation if connected to a printer switch or the printer buffer. If this is the case, try to directly connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable.

If you are connecting the printer to your computer via a USB hub, connect the printer to the first-tier hub from your computer. If the printer driver is still not recognized on your computer, try to directly connect the printer to your computer without the USB hub.

If you are connecting the printer to your computer via a USB hub, make sure the USB hub device is recognized by your computer.

Your computer must be a model which was pre-installed Windows XP or 2000 and that comes with IEEE 1394 ports. However, its IEEE 1394 host controllers should also be OHCI compliant controllers supported by the pre-installed versions of Windows 2000 or XP. Contact your dealer if the IEEE 1394 host controllers on your computer fail to comply with the OHCI specifications.
    For detailed information about your computer, contact your dealer.

Make sure that your computer provides IEEE 1394 support

Follow the steps below to check if your computer provides IEEE 1394 support:
    For Windows XP, Click on Start, then right-click on the My Computer icon in the Start menu, then click on Properties. For Windows 2000, right-click on the My Computer icon on your desktop, then click on Properties.

For Windows XP and 2000, click on the Hardware tab, then click on the Device Manager button. For Windows Me, click on the Device Manager tab.

Click on the IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers option, and check if the IEEE 1394 Host Controller is identified. If the IEEE 1394 Host Controller is identified, your Windows operating system provides the OHCI compliant IEEE 1394 support.