Thread: Move hard disk to other computer

Move hard disk to other computer

Hey!
    I'm looking to move the hard drive from my computer and install it into a completely new system without having to format and install windows and programs. I saw a few post about this but i cant remember how it was done...! Can anyone help me with this?

Re: Move hard disk to other computer

Hey there...!
    I suggest you install Windows Again on the new system...! As if you get your old OS working on the new system, the drivers for the new hardware has to be installed anyways...! This might create driver IRQ conflicts and will consume additional hard disk space...!

Hey!
    You can clone your hard drive's active partition, that is, the partition on which windows in installed. Then you can install the clone on the new hard disk if you plan to have the same windows configurations and personal settings on the new hard disk..! All the best...!

Hey!
    As for windows operating system, there would be problem loading the drivers and at the first boot you might see vivid graphics, but you can install the drivers to fix this.. There would be no issues but in some cases you need to reinstall windows OS again so that the motherboard drivers and other peripheral drivers work without conflicts [as mentioned above]... In my opinion, its better to reinstall the OS if you use Windows, Linux has no issues when the disk is moved to other computer, if there is booting issue, you could always use Live CD to fix the boot loader...! All the best...!