Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Hard disk health 49%

Hardware Peripherals

Old 30-03-2009

Hard disk health 49%

Hey guys!
I had bought a second hand hard disk and i used to experience very slow speed... So i decided to check my hard disk's performance... I've used HDDlife and noticed that drive health and performance were both reported at 49%. How to i restore it to 100% Please help...!

Old 30-03-2009

Re: Hard disk health 49%

Hey there...!
I would suggest you take backup of your data and prepare to buy a new hard disk...! Never ever buy a second hand component for your computer...! You never know what goes wrong? and especially when...!? You hard disk is indicating that it has very short life left...! You have a chance to prepare...! All the best...!
Old 30-03-2009

Hey!
I suggest you download the disk manager software for your hard disk and zero fill it [erase your hard disk completely] make partitions and perform a low level format on it... Then clean install the OS. All the best...!
Note : Never buy a second hand computer component, specially Hard disks...!
Old 30-03-2009

Hey...!
Run Disk Manager and perform a Zero fill as suggested above... This will make your hard disk totally blank...! So it will appear as if your Hard disk is new... So now you can start the OS installation as you do it on a new machine...! Your hard disk is surely indicating that it is loosing it life...! Check if your hard disk is making some ticking noise... If it is, then it is going to be dead soon...! All the best...!
PS: Backup your crucial data...!
Old 31-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmirnOFF View Post
Hey!
I suggest you download the disk manager software for your hard disk and zero fill it [erase your hard disk completely] make partitions and perform a low level format on it... Then clean install the OS. All the best...!
Note : Never buy a second hand computer component, specially Hard disks...!
Low level format is not going to increase the health of your HDD.

Backup & buy a new HDD.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , ,