Thread: HP CD Writer 9900 driver problem

HP CD Writer 9900 driver problem

I previously had downloaded and installed drivers from hp for the 9900 in XP. They worked according to how hp stated they would. As rc2 was approaching its drop dead date, I purchased and installed (clean install) xp home. I have been unable to install the hp drivers in the home version. If I let the new hardware wizard search for the drivers in the file I placed them, I get a message stating that no better drivers have been found than those already installed. If I try to do a forced installation by selecting the location I have the hp driver file in, I get a message that the file does not have any information about my hardware. I have downloaded the file from hp again and followed all of hp's instructions to the letter. I still am unable to install them. XP home installed Microsoft signed drivers and when checking the properties, I get the message that the hardware is working. It is not. I do not know if the home version is different in some way but if anyone had suggestions, I would really appreciate them and any help I can get.

Re: HP CD Writer 9900 driver problem

What operating system are you using? Are these regular IDE CD-Writers or do they operate off of some PCI card with a SCSI connection? If they are regular IDE CD-Writers and you are using Windows XP I am not aware that you should need any drivers. If they have an add-in SCSI card or something then you may need a driver for that.

Re: HP CD Writer 9900 driver problem

Actually, we do not need extra driver for the CD-RW. The burning is a new feature in the Windows XP. You can burning CD in Windows Media Player and Data CD in Windows Explorer.

The HP 9900 should work well with the Windows XP.