Thread: Unknown device & Kernel-power issue caues Random shutdowns without a warning

Unknown device & Kernel-power issue caues Random shutdowns without a warning

I have a assembled computer. My system configuration is Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 4 GB Corsair RAM, Gigabyte motherboard and 180 GB HDD. Now I had added a usb dongle first to get some extra ports. I had connected a external usb drive which is showing up Unknown device status message. Leaving that I added 512MB GPU on my motherboard and due to that there is random shutdown on the system.

Re: Unknown device & Kernel-power issue caues Random shutdowns without a warning

USB device recognized unknown device, it is a error message which comes when your system fails to find your hardware or does get its driver. Just bought a new external USB hard drive or a USB key and insert them, they do not appear in the workplace and are reported as unknown device in device manager of Windows XP. The simplest solution is already trying to reinstall the driver with the one provided by the manufacturer (mini CD in the case of an external hard drive).

Re: Unknown device & Kernel-power issue caues Random shutdowns without a warning

There is one more trick that seems to work for some, very few people actually. It is to stop the system and disconnect the power for some 30 seconds. Then press the power button back again and for some more time to clear up your CPU and motherboard's residual power. Or else just go in Windows folder in driver and delete file infcache.1. the location of this file is C: \ WINDOWS \ inf.

The graphic card is not compatible with the motherboard due to which you are getting the error. It is necessary that you must remove the card and check the compatibility settings. You have to read the specification of the same. Go the official site of GPU and search for appropriate drivers. If you face a blue screen error then remove it and then adjust your bios settings. Check the compatibility first.

It may also happen that this is a problem due to power your USB ports, a problem that prevents proper detection of your device. Try in this case not to put two resource intensive devices like printer and scanner together, most newer motherboards with 4 or 6 USB ports. If despite all your attempts it still does not work then there are the solution to acquire a USB PCI card or better yet an external powered USB hub.

There is no problem in my system for the USB port since I had tested my USB port on mouse and it is working fine. Do you have any different port on your system. If yes then try connecting there. Before connecting any graphic card first ensure that you have a latest bios udpate and the card is bit compatible with your system. Or else you will face frequent crash.

In my system if I plug my mouse on the port then the same does not work. I am stuck on the scree and even I cannot just move the slider on my keyboard. The issue was related to hardware. You must check your motherboard specification for the same. Sometime outdated drivers or bios version can cause the issue. Try a different port and then if does not work then do not add the hardware back.

angry why does my computer screen jump constantly

Does anybody know why my computer screen jumps...i have windows...whether its the internet or wmicrsoft word...it jumps

What is the operating system you are using right now. There are several possibilities behind this. Like you might be having some hardware issue related to the monitor or your video drivers is outdated. Try updating latest video drivers in your system. Then check the connection behind your monitor. Mostly this works by some tuning.

Re: why does my computer screen jump constantly

Quote Originally Posted by TMOORE56 View Post
    Does anybody know why my computer screen jumps...i have windows...whether its the internet or wmicrsoft word...it jumps
    Most probably this happens due to the conflict in video drivers of your system. So go ahead and update your video drivers. This should fix the problem. Also ensure that the connector to the monitor is secured tightly. Also many times it happens due to mouse malfunction. If it won't get fixed with updated drivers, try changing the mouse.

Anyways, for more info, you can check these posts:
    My Windows Xp Computer Screen is just jumping !!!
    Screen jumps and flickers during game play