Thread: HP deskjet F4280 not getting install

HP deskjet F4280 not getting install

Hi friends,

I am facing an issue with my HP desk jet printer.I have recently install Windows 7 as my Operating System and when i am trying to download the drivers for the same it's not taking it.I don't know what's wrong with my drivers.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 Ghz
    915 MSI Motherboard with Intel chipset
    1gb RAM
    120gb HDD

Re: HP deskjet F4280 not getting install

Sure i will help you out with this issue try to download the following software.

Download

Intel Dual core 2.66 Ghz
    Gigabyte 780 with Intel Chipset
    2gb RAM
    Radeon 9250
    500gb HDD

I try to use those drivers but it is not working for me.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 Ghz
    915 MSI Motherboard with Intel chipset
    1gb RAM
    120gb HDD

I was also facing similar type of issue when i try to install Windows it automatically took all the drivers for my printer.I think you haven't properly Install Windows 7, i would suggest you to repair it or reinstall the windows and you problem would get solve.

smile Re: HP deskjet F4280 not getting install

Hi. I just wanted to know if you guys already got HP Deskjet F4280 working on Windows 7? Have you solved your problems? Is it working fine now? How did you get it working?

I'm planning to buy this exact printer, but I want to make sure it works fine on Windows 7 or I'll just waste money in case it won't.

Thanks so much for you help.

HP deskjet F4280 not getting install

As per my knowledge Windows 7 takes all the drivers automatically if you are not able to install then try to install drivers of Windows Vista in that case by doing it manually because HP has not come up with Windows 7 drivers specially for printers and i would suggest you before buying it please consult with the retailer about the same it might happen that they would be able to provide you some solution for this printer .

sad Re: HP deskjet F4280 not getting install

I actually went to a retailer the other day. They don't know much about Windows 7 either. We tested the printer in my machine though. Windows 7 recognized it. It scanned well through 'Windows Fax and Scan'. When I opened Microsoft Word, the printer was also recognized. But we cannot make an actual printing test since putting the ink means buying it already. And I don't want to take that risk in case it fails to do actual printing. Because the only reason I'm buying is to replace my old HP psc 1210 all-in-one printer that works fine in Vista but not in Win 7. And I prefer not to go back to Vista(Win 7 runs a lot faster on my machine). I already tried to download Vista driver for psc 1210, but it just won't install. The error says that the package is not intended for Windows 7. So I'm now forced to buy a new printer. Buying F4820 is fine with me if and only if it works in Windows 7.

You should try the windows update, have you tried already?

These are the drivers from HP http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=3390949

Not sure if it will work on windows 7.

Hiiiiii people!!!!! I just want to share the good news! I finally bought F4280 this afternoon then tried it just now.. and it works! ha ha ha! It's like 'plug and play'. I still tried installing the HP software though. But as expected, it's not compatible with windows 7. Although, when I looked at the cd label, it's says that it supports Vista. So I guess, the software works in Vista at least. Unlike my old printer(psc 1210), it's hp software works only in XP...thanks for all your replies, I'm really glad I have a new printer now.