Thread: Ridiculous bad sound card of Asus P5KC

Ridiculous bad sound card of Asus P5KC

I have an Asus P5KC and use the built-in sound card and it is very disappointing. At least a microphone input for my small experience. The problem is that there is a very high grade sound no matter what mic I use that almost overrides the voice. Microphones which I have to choose from is one that is on the Sennheiser headsets, unsure of model name, but think it is perfectly centered on the tree when it comes to quality, and the other is a cheap desktop microphone.

Both of them are miserable, and lost the sound of the waves seems that, for example every few seconds comes a kind of clicks in the sound, when I test to hear myself. Almost as it is active in destroying.

This means that it is difficult to communicate via voice applications as Ventrilo and skype with those I need to do this with, and is very annoying. So I wonder if there is anything I can do, or whether this is a known problem other than having to invest in new sound card.

On the other hand, there should be a kind of tone out of tune from the sound card? Thinking through the speakers so it seems that there is a kind of telephone tone, a little fuzzy, but you hear that it should be clear without it, it is.

It is difficult to find drivers on the idiot site of Asus.

Re: Ridiculous bad sound card of Asus P5KC

http://www.asus.com/Product.aspx?P_ID=fFZ8oUIGmLpwNMjj

on their page it says it has Asus crystal sound, or something, so it should be possible to do better

possible there is something wrong with your motherboard. sound card should be well

It is a reasonably well known problem that built-in sound card can not measure up to a dedicated one.

You are going to mark the difference between your built-in to say the least.

Played many hours of COD4 with integrated sound card, before I finally took to the mind and installed a dedicated. And it was huge to say the least.

My issue is that there is a kind of sus in the background. In the same way as the sound a TV makes when there is snow. To whisper is there all the time when I speak, and it is almost higher than the voice, so it is difficult to hear. Combined with the fact that the sound has its periods where it seems that some touches on the wire with a relatively steady range.

So I wondered then if this is the typical bad sound card, sounds and experiences, or whether it is unique to my case.

But expect that a solid sound card, if I invest in a holder for several years, perhaps a couple of PC's and even (ie 6++ years)?

P5K has had more bad sound card. A friend of mine who has P5K, had experienced poor sound. So he bought a separate sound card and I have experienced quite a few problems with the sound on my P5K Premium.

For the first it was quite difficult to get set up the front panel of the cabinet so that it functioned properly, so I ended up plugging the headset into the back and the speakers in the audio front. Before I found a driver that worked more or less as people on Ventrilo over bad sound, too. Moreover, I have had several problems with the sound as I played, it's mostly disappeared after I switch sound cards, but the sound that sometimes freeze for one second or that it is like "Wave interference" that results in a high scratching sound in a half a second occurs once in a while still, it has no motherboard fault. Before I switch sound cards, I had a "static clicking sound" that came often if I played music in ~ 1 hour.

I had the same problem!... it is the other ports on the back interfering with the mic input. If you set the input volume in the bundled app you will watch it be turned down automatically as you speak!..

Press the little mute button on the line in and any other inputs you can find - turn on mike boosting and accept. With a bit of fiddling you will get a good input. Now if only I can get it working in Windows 7! - cant install the sound management software from the CD because it says it is not compatible - grr.

I have a P5Q Pro Turbo and the soundchip died outright. So I disabled it in BIOS and installed a RocketFish soundcard from BestBuy. Turns out it's a Creative 6-channel card. Sounds great, less filling.