Thread: Keyboard failure error message at Bios Startup

Keyboard failure error message at Bios Startup

At start-up of bios, I have an error message "keyboard failure". Then it is impossible to boot windows: The keyboard lights up then turns off and thus impossible to type the password needed to boot windows. I said that the problem has arisen in the use of windows error USB device not recognized but tested the keyboard on another PC and it was running. what else: it seems that the mouse does no longer works ........... Help please! Thank you in advance for your help
    There's always an easier way...

Re: Keyboard failure error message at Bios Startup

If you tested your keyboard and your mouse on another PC and it works, given the message "Keyboard failure" to check-up of the motherboard, you can try to clear CMOS ... (Reset the BIOS settings). You will find a jumper on your motherboard for this (CLS CMOS, RESET, etc.) or when you remove the battery from the motherboard for 15 min. Then restart your PC with the minimum of external devices (screen, keyboard, mouse) and tell us what happens.

it would be good if you could give the make and model of your keyboard and mouse.
    this may be because your pc does not have the drivers for the hardwares.

try to download them from the net!

Did you change the mouse and keyboard on that PC from the normal PS2 (Green & Purple round plugs) to USB or wireless ? I would recommend going into your BIOS menu and setting your keyboard and mouse to boot from the bios, not from the operating system.

This way, when your computer starts you will immediatly have access to your keyboard for commands etc.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

I'm sure by now, many of you have solved this issue but I know its frustrating. While I'n not going to indicate this as a solution for all systems, nor will I recommend that you try this if you don't know your way around the inside of a computer, this works for Dell Inspiron tower systems that have the motherboard battery buried under the motherboard itself. Remove the motherboard from the system for 15-minutes. (Yes, you have to pull all the plugs, connections, etc.) This is essentially the same as rebooting the motherboard and battery without removing the battery. While you have the case open, make sure you clean out all of the dust and check to be sure all of your ram is seated properly. Button everything back up, reconnect all connections and turn system on. Monitor will tell you that your system battery is low and ask you if you want to continue startup. Yes, you do and it will start up. If it does not, your problem is indeed in the BIOS or harddrive and repair/replacement by professionals is in order. I've run this procedure on 12 seperate Dell systems and its worked on all of them. Dell indicates that it occurs on larger systems with large harddrives and at least 2-gigs of ram as the systems age. (over 4-years.)

Ok, Thanks for the suggestion... Will try it out and see what i get... Thanks!