Thread: Printer Displays Pause Status

Printer Displays Pause Status

Hello, I am Using Windows Vista Home, When i send the job for printing my printer displays the status (pause) I do not know how to reactivate it. it does not even print the file send that i sent it before going into this please tell how to solve these problem thank you in advance .

Re: Printer Displays Pause Status

Hello , The first thing you should do is go to the manufacturer website and download the very latest drivers. Then uninstall any special software that drives the printer, and remove the printer via Start, Settings, Printers. Then restart the PC and when it discovers the printer, point it to the new files. (You may have to run the downloaded software first). It could also be that you have the "spool" setting such that it's causing the problem. Have you checked all the settings? Try setting it to "print direct to printer" or equivalent. If that doesn't cure things, contact manufacturer .

Quote Originally Posted by MACAWI View Post
    Hello, I am Using Windows Vista Home, When i send the job for printing my printer displays the status (pause) I do not know how to reactivate it. it does not even print the file send that i sent it before going into this please tell how to solve these problem thank you in advance .
    Depending on your operating system. Right click on the icon and select "resume printing" or "unpause".

Try the following (if you have not already):

1. Turn off the printer.
    2. Turn off the print server.
    3. Restart the Windows machine.
    4. Restart the print server.
    5. Turn on the printer.

Then see if you can manage it from Windows. The steps usually work for me.

Hi did u tried to restart the printer if still have the prob please double click on the printer icon comes when u issue a command to the printer check if it shows if there is an error try to cancel the print job which has error and restart the print job if still dosent go on printing just go to controll pannel >fax and printer devices> right click on the lexmark printer icon and remove it and then adda printer put the provided cd with lexmar and reinstall it it should be ok ....