Thread: Problem With Reformatted Hard Disk Drive

Problem With Reformatted Hard Disk Drive

I am facing a truouble with my gateway laptop. I recently had to format my laptop hdd as it had some malicious files in it. The problem is i had a recovery disk console running on my laptop hdd, but it provides me error. To add more on this when i try to reformat my laptop hdd, it won't let me do that. Please provide some views regarding this.

Your views will be appreciated

Re: Problem With Reformatted Hard Disk Drive

When you try to log on to Recovery Console in Windows XP, you receive an error message. This article contains step-by-step instructions to try that may help you to successfully log on to Recovery Console. If these steps do not resolve your problem, this article also provides links to articles that discuss similar problems and solutions.

This error message may occur even though you typed the correct password. If you start Windows XP, successfully log on by using the same password, change the local administrator's password, and restart the computer to Recovery Console, you receive the same error message. This issue may occur if Windows XP was originally installed from a Sysprep image or if Sysprep 2.0 was run on the computer at one time. Sysprep.exe makes changes to the way that password keys are stored in the registry. These changes are incompatible with the Recovery Console logon routine.

If you can start Windows XP and the Recovery Console is not preinstalled on your hard disk, go to step 2 in the following steps. If you can start Windows XP and the Recovery Console is preinstalled on your hard disk, go to step 3. If you cannot log on to Windows XP, download the necessary files, create the appropriate Setup disks for floppy boot installation, start your computer by using the Setup disks, and then log on to Recovery Console. The Setup disks have been updated to correct the problem that prevents you from starting Windows XP.

Install the Recovery Console if it is not already installed. This step is required for the hotfix listed in step 3 to update your Recovery Console. To install Recovery Console, use the winnt32 /cmdcons command from the I386 folder on the Windows XP CD-ROM.

To resolve this problem, obtain a version of Windows XP that has Service Pack 1 already integrated, or obtain and install the latest service pack for Windows XP before you run Sysprep