Thread: USB SD Card Stick says write protected

USB SD Card Stick says write protected

Hello,

The following problem has appeared :
    I have 2 USB sticks, with the SD cards can be fitted. I have some files loaded on a stick, then I have a friend with a file from the stick on his PC (WIN-Vista) copied.
    Everything OK

At home I closed now stick to my PC (WIN-2000) and wanted to delete the file. Suddenly logs WIN and tells me the disc is "copy protected".
    I was astounded controlled, but the system showed me that this was not the case: No limitations, full access.

I have also checked the individual files (really crap), and: everything ok

I have the 2nd Stick used another card and the file from your PC to the stick loaded. Now I wanted to delete them again. Again, it is not, again it is either "copy protected" or lately "file is currently open, or can not be loaded. Deleted.

Who can help me?

Re: USB SD Card Stick says write protected

Concerns only a certain file or all files on the stick?

In what file are the stick or SD card is formatted?

Hello,

I have tried both sticks again. The files on the 2nd (older) stick, I could now easily move respectively. delete. IT has the FAT filesystem.
    I also put the 2nd (new and faster = 4-GB HighSpeed Card) stick into the USB jack and I was 1 (one) file to the PC copy. That was the file in question, which I had given the friend. Now I wanted to try your tip, but at the 2nd File blocked the drive again and announced "write protected".
    I could not files on the stick or the stick of copy respectively. delete. This stick has the FAT32 file system.

My PC has also the NTFS system.

What type of file?

I think the write-protect switch of the SD card in the embroidery have you ever checked?

You always use the Safely Remove Hardware feature ( "USB Mass pause") before you have a stick to detect?

Hi,

To 1 There are two avi files and a txt file.
    On 2 You mean sure the slide switch on the SD card: yes, I checked.
    to 3rd Actually more, but whether in the particular case with my friend happened, I do not know anymore.

Today I have done the following:

I have the USB stick in question and then put the USB Lw RELEASE clicked and the "privileges" checked: Everything OK, so "full" is allowed.

Then I got the files to me individually again and lo and behold, I could on my PC. Then I tried it, from the stick to remove: If not, as "write protected". In the Properties, but was only a tick in ARCHIVES. Despite this, I have removed the file and tried to delete. No, "write protected".

Then I noticed that the files on the stick under Features 2 riders have: GENERAL INFO and, while the same files on my PC 3 tabs, namely additional security settings.

So:
    On the SD card PROPERTIES - GENERAL ARCHIVES is clicked. In the File Info is: "Summary properties are available for the selected sources are not available".

On the disk - see above - the same file 3 riders. Under SECURITY SETTINGS I found the "permissions" greyed. This was clicked on the "inheritance", which I then changed and "full" permit.
    Again, I tried so "changed" file on the stick to copy, which is not succeeded: "write-protected"!

I am at the end of my wisdom arrived.
    I can not stick to the file copy, I can not file to remove the stick, always with the words "write protected".
    The Explorer tells me that there is no checkmark in write-protection has been made.