Thread: Internal Modem Error 734

Internal Modem Error 734

hello , I am having the Windows Vista with a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Internal modem, I Have setup the Connection using the procedure told by customer care executive for setting up the connection but at low speeds with Vista and it seems to me that it is OK because I get the carrier and the message "Check login and password" That is when it crashes with the message "Error 734, PPP interrupted." Is this setting for modem is not good ? Please Help me Solve this Thanks in advance

Re: Internal Modem Error 734

Hi,

This message means that your IDs are not accepted by your ISP. Verify that the username and password are good. If they are good, the causes can be manifold. It must use no encryption of the password and also does not include the domain logon windows. It is in the connection properties.

Hello , This error can occur if the Security tab in Windows NT dial-up networking Modem Properties is set to send encrypted passwords and your ISP does not support encrypted passwords. In this case, the option to accept any authentication, including clear text, must be selected.

To resolve this issue:

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Network and Dial-up Connections.

NOTE: For Windows Server 2003, click Start, point to Control Panel, and then point to Network Connections.
    2. Right-click the appropriate dial-up networking connection, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the Networking tab, and then click Settings.
    4. Click to clear the Negotiate multi-link for single link connections check box (if it is selected).
    5. Click OK, and then click OK.
    6. Double-click the connection, and then click Dial. If this procedure resolves the issue and you can establish a dial-up connection, you do not have to follow the remaining steps in this article.
      • If this does not resolve the issue and you cannot establish a dial-up connection, go to step 7 to continue to troubleshoot this issue.
      • If this procedure resolves the issue and you can establish a dial-up
      connection, you do not have to follow the remaining steps in this article.
    7. If this does not resolve the issue and you cannot establish a dial-up connection, go to step 7 to continue to troubleshoot this issue.
    8. Right-click the connection, and then click Properties.
    9. Click the Security tab.
    10. Under Security options, click Allow unsecured password in the Validate my identity as follows box, and then click OK.
    11. Double-click the connection, and then click Dial to verify that you can establish a dial-up connection.