Thread: Cannot detect USB Pen Drive & USB Mouse

Cannot detect USB Pen Drive & USB Mouse

Hi!

I needed help on this because eversince i had installed a zebra card printer, my usb ports gone haywire, it cannot detect a mouse and a pendrive, my OS is windows vista business 32x and my unit is dell vostro 1400. i tried downloading the updated drivers on support.dell.com but still, the problem persist..hope for your kind help.

Thank You

Re: Cannot detect USB Pen Drive & USB Mouse

Did you follow zebras install instructions?

Connect the printer to the computer via the USB port (Windows will detect new hardware). You will be prompted on the USB Directory to install the USB Driver. Browse on CD drive for USB Driver files. Install the Printer Driver. Install the USB Driver. Install the Port Monitor. Reboot the Computer. In the driver, go to the Printer Properties. Check if it works: Go to Tools Enter the command V You should get a response via a Message Box.

According to there website the driver will not work unless the firmware is installed.

Try to uninstall the zebra card printer and then see if the USB ports are working fine or not. If yes, then the problem is with the drivers of that printer. Use different printer drivers and see if the problem persists.

If after uninstalling the zebra card printer, the USB ports still not working, then make System Restore to the point before installing the printer or to the point when you feel that the USB ports were working fine. After System Restore, install the printer again.

Hi guys,

i have already uninstalled the printer because driver was uncompatible with vista but after i uninstalled the usb ports become unusable anymore cannot detect devices that are inserted through it.