Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Bad sector found after checkdisk

Hardware Peripherals

Old 16-03-2009

idea Bad sector found after checkdisk

Hello Everyone,

Just few days ago, i had run a check disk on my system and i found some 4kb in bad sectors. But at the end of the check disk process it gave me a message that disk was clean and it's OK. So, i would like to know that whether i need to worry about my computer, is it safe? Does any one have any idea about this issue? Kindly suggest me your views.

Thanks.

Old 16-03-2009

Re: Bad sector found after checkdisk

Try to run the run Chkdsk manually. Follow the below steps mention.

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer

1. Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.
3. Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed,
4. Use one of the following procedures:
  • To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
  • To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start.
  • To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box, and then click Start.
Old 16-03-2009

Re: Bad sector found after checkdisk

After running the check disk manually check out whether no new bad sectors start to arise. If you get any new bad sector on hard drive then you should replace the hard disk, since its magnetic media is not ok.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: ,