Thread: ASUS M3A-H/HDMI no sound on HDMI output

ASUS M3A-H/HDMI no sound on HDMI output

hi,
    I assembled the hardware and then started to install software. I have the ASUS support the supposedly correct HDMI drivers from AMD / ATI get the install it only when there is no pure ATI drivers installed,I know that without the patch-kb888111 nothing is running, so then the next thing drawn. The box will prompt new hardware on the HD audio bus and the driver from Asus skillful can also install. In device manager I now have a Audio Device on HD Bus Audio - ATI 791A.

Unfortunately, the panel will get them but probably not related, because there is no device installed.ASUS HDMI can be selected, and the driver is properly installed, a connected device or HDMI cable is not necessary (but also I have going with or without the TV off - no sound.Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: ASUS M3A-H/HDMI no sound on HDMI output

download Chipset drivers and install (graphics + chipset)
    Realtek audio driver-load + inst.
    -Realtek ATI HDMI driver download + inst.
    Then the audio settings in the HDMI output device as the default setting (do not enter machts). if it exists: in the BIOS the digital output from DVI to HDMI switch.

the ATI HDMI driver from the Realtek site version R2.13 of 31.12.08 (to appear in Device Manager) but it is not in the control panel, because the box tells me no device is installed or something like that.
    After the Windows XP Realtek R2.14 driver from 9.1.09. Then another device in the hardware list and it can then also select the Control Panel.

When I look at the properties of the ATI HDMI driver look, he shows me four types including sound (MIDI, WAV ....) and when I click on it but not HDMI but only the Realtek HD Audio output In the Bios I have regarding sound only two possibilities: one is the chipset North Bridge, I can enable or disable Azalia - when disabled the ATI HDMI device in Device Manager is inactive - and the second I can in the Onboard Devices Configuration HDAudio Azalia Device to "Auto" setting on or off and when it comes to car, can I still SPDIF.Out the fashion set to HDMI or SPDIF. But unfortunately changes regarding choice in the Control Panel nothing - whether SPDIF or HDMI is selected. Only in the Realtek settings is then digitally not only the RCA SPDIF connector shown, but the HDMI connection, but still no sound comes.

hi,
    I'm using windows 7 beta and couldn't get the Ati hdmi sound driver from Realtek's website to work. Figured it out though, Uninstall your sound drivers in device manager, make sure you have the ati hdmi sound drivers downloaded already, then just hit scan for hardware changes and voila, windows automatically finds and chooses the correct ati hdmi drivers.