Thread: Cannot Detect HDD due to Virus Attack

Cannot Detect HDD due to Virus Attack

I was working on my hard drive when i got a message that my hdd is affected by the virus and malicious files. I was unable to access hdd, so i made my hdd format and installed windows and try to boot but it says no media device to boot from. I again tried to format HDD and reinsatlled windows but still same problem. Please help me regarding this problem.

Any help will be appreciated

Re: Cannot Detect HDD due to Virus Attack

Pull it, put in USB enclosure and try to access. If it won't shove it in refrigerator (not freezer!) for a bit, but leave hooked to USB on computer and eventually you may be able to connect and pull files. Sometimes a drive is failing and instead of working when cooler it only works when warmer. If the refrigerator trick won't work, then place in warm location (like 100 degrees or so) and try again.

Its probably a virus but try to start it up in safe mode on the start up (f2 or something on the start up) If that doesn't work either its a virus or your hard drive pooped out. Meaning you need to go buy a new hard drive.

Could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software. This problem can be solved by uninstalling new softwares, updating device drivers and making minor configuration changes.

Sounds like you have a Seagate HDD and it sounds like something (like the IDE cable) may have come loose - try removing and FIRMLY reseating the IDE cable at both ends - and the power plug, too.

If a virus scanner cannot remove the virus (and fdisk/mbr didn't either) then an option that WILL WORK is to completely erase the disk with the maker's diagnostic function (usually misnamed "low level format") that overwrites the entire disk with zeroes. Needless to say, this will wipe out all of your files - BUT unless you kill the virus first you will contaminate every file you try to "save".