Thread: Driver back up

Driver back up

Friends,
    I had a trouble one of old computer. I could not boot it and I have no motherboard cd too..

I just want know, is there any way to back the drivers thru DOS mode? without installing driver backup softwares...

Re: Driver back up

hey...!
    use the hard disk cloning software and backup the whole partition the way it is...! Go through these thread for more details : Copy my Windows to other hard disk
    How to clone a Hard Disk Drive ?
    Hard disk cloning

Driver Magician offers a professional solution for device drivers backup, restoration, update and removal in Windows operating system. It identifies all the hardware in the system, extracts their associated drivers from the hard disk and backs them up to a location of your choice. Then when you format and reinstall/upgrade your operating system, you can restore all the "saved" drivers just as if you had the original driver diskettes in your hands. After one system reboot, your PC will be loaded and running with the required hardware drivers.

To restore a backup created with the Backup program included with MS-DOS 5.0, use the Restore.exe program located in the Other\Oldmsdos folder on the Windows 95 CD-ROM. To run this program, copy it to a folder on your hard disk, and then run it from a command prompt, making sure to use the appropriate syntax. For information about the syntax for the Restore.exe program, type the following line:

restore /?

If you receive the error message "Incorrect DOS version" when you try to run Restore.exe, type the following line to modify the version table:

setver restore.exe 6.22

After you type this line, restart your computer, and then try to run
    Restore.exe again.

Friend,

If i can run windows, i am able to back up the drivers, but I could not run windows even in safe mode.

So, I tried to recover my windows without formating, it seems be same error that I could not run windows.

I feel, Is there only a way to format?

But, There is important files ...

What ever you have done is perfect, but you might be forgot of some steps overthere, no worries, if you know how to Format the PC then take the Back-up and Go ahead with you system Format.

When your system boots or restarts again press the F8 or tab key it will take u to the choice screen.