Thread: Cannot Detect Hard Drive After Flashing Bios

Cannot Detect Hard Drive After Flashing Bios

I run a Vista Home Premium 64 bit operating system and I did flash Bios with the help of A1 Suite in Asus in order to upgrade it and everything went successfully but sometimes I recieve a message from my system to reboot as there is No Hard Disk Detected.

Please provide some solution regarding this

Re: Cannot Detect Hard Drive After Flashing Bios

Well this is a bit difficult to tell you as the problem may be coming from a number of issues. it could be coming from the motherboard as well from the ide os sata cables inside your computer. getting the help of an computer technician would be the best solution instead of trying to repair it by yourself.

Maybe you set your compter to boot from cd you must set the computer to boot from HDD .You can make this from bios look in boot sequence or maybe the hdd where you have your operation system installed is slave and not master this means that you have to move the jumper from slave to master

Have a look in your BIOS settings 'Standard CMOS Features' and look to see if your hard drive is set to 'Auto'

Did you properly reset your BIOS after flashing--that is, move the CMOS-reset jumper to ensure that the CMOS chip was completely discharged and the settings reset? I can't think of anything else that would cause that problem except for the hard drive interface being in the wrong mode. A drive-geometry-setting error could cause this type of problem.

I found an auto detect button for hard drives on my bios. So I got it to recognize, and I am up and running again. If you are bored, flashing your bios will fix that but I do not reccomend it.

You should always note your settings before flashing them as some will invariably change. Forgetting some of your hardware and power settings is fairly typical. Another thing you should do is back up your old BIOS and the flash utility should allow you to do this. Not always does the MB manufactuer's site list the fixes and features offered but you should read before flashing. Some changes add features you will never need. On some occasions, however, a major BIOS update will cause Windows to see the change as new hardware. XP is sensitive to hardware changes. My experience is that new boards have updates quite regularly and these fix real problems found by consumers. Later updates are minor. After a couple of years, the manufacturer tends to put little or no effort into further updates.