Thread: Usb recognized as a hard drive

Usb recognized as a hard drive

Hello everyone,
    I will explain my problem. some time ago I try to install Windows XP on my usb key for that I converted to hard drive with software that I do more because I restore my laptop I have this famous software, and now what I would again be recognized as a usb key.

PS : do not have a driver problem since it is recognized as a hard drive on every computer that I had on hand last week.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Re: Usb recognized as a hard drive

Hi,
    I restore my laptop I have this famous software, and now what I would again be recognized as a usb key.
    The name of your application you are using.

Use HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool. I believe that software is something to change the basis of the key. a kind of instruction that identifies the key from the USB port.

No need to download various tools to change this option. Despite your experiment on several machines, I can assure you that there is a connection with the pilots.

To have Windows detect your USB hard drive as it is necessary to change the driver for your usb stick. We will achieve the opposite effect.

Before anything else, save your registry and data from your USB key

• To begin, connect your USB drive and then go to the menu "Manage" (Button and then right property on the job and then click "Disk Management").
    • Then select your USB drive and delete the partition. You must have the "Unallocated".
    • Disconnect and reconnect your USB key.
    • Go into the device manager, again from the menu "Manage" (Button and then right property on the job and then click "Device Manager").
    • Click on your USB drive (highlighted) and uninstall (do not confuse with disable). Disconnect your USB key.
    • Made-boot and then type regedit exectutive.

Look for the line-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ ControlSet001 \ Enum \ USBSTOR and delete the folder to your USB key.

(For example I have: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ ControlSet001 \ Enum \ USBSTOR \ Disk & Ven_Kingston & Prod_DataTraveler_2.0 & Rev_PMAP)

• Close-manager registry (regedit)
    • Do a search for the file "cfadisk.inf" and remove (or move it to the desktop for security reasons)
    • Restart your computer.
    • Connect your USB key.
    • Format the FAT.
    • Technically, the problem is resolved