Thread: Black band on the line of my screen

Black band on the line of my screen

Hello. I have a PC Compaq Windows XP and for two days, a black band has appeared on the right-sided of the screen. I went in parameter, posting option screen by defect, notched box to extend the office….but without success. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Re: Black band on the line of my screen

hello,
    look at if it does not come from your screen looks at if you little to widen the image starting from the adjustments of your screen with the buttons.

Hi,

Look at well if your video cable is well connected correctly, avoids the enclosures too much close to the screen, It may be that your screen shows also technical failures, therefore so guaranteed hesitate not…. it can also come from your graphics card, for verification test with another screen if you can.

That points out a problem to me which I had had with Toshiba. That came from the drivers… It will be necessary that you update them. Do you have a graphics card of mark NVIDIA, ATI, or a chipset Intel?

I am null in data processing and I have the impression that you speak to me “Chinese”. How to update them these famous drivers? as for the graphics card I do not know at all.

Ok, one will proceed by stage.

First of all, one will try to determine the mark of your graphics card, and if possible the model. For that, clicks on starting. Then clicks with the right button on “Work station”. Then, clicks on “Managing”. In the window which is posted, clicks on “Manager of peripherals”. On the right, the list of the peripherals present in your PC is posted. Double-click on “Graphics cards”. Give me then the name which is posted.