Thread: System does not boot while HDD is attached

System does not boot while HDD is attached

hi,
    i have Motherboard: ASUS M4A79T Deluxe,Video card: A 7600 gt,manufactured by pny,Ram: 4 corsair cmx512 [512mb]
    Powersupply: Raidmax atx12v,I cant be sure about the cpu, all I know is that it's made by amd.with Seagate 360GB Barracuda SATA II 300 Hard Disk Drive 7200rpm 8MB oem,the problem is when i run the system In the middle of the job the system said 'DISK FAILED'.i also tried to restart the system but problem not sloved.Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: System does not boot while HDD is attached

hi,
    Open the case and make sure the cable is seated well into the drive and the mainboard.This is hardware only not related to your virus infection. Hard drive failed message is from the bios saying it did not get a response back from the drive electronics which have to be engaged before you can get the the platters to boot the system.

If your hard drive is not properly plugged in, this can also lead to a rebooting error message. Hence, I will suggest you to switch off your computer and remove it from the power switch before checking the cables attached to it. Ensure also that the motherboard is correctly installed. Hence, put it again and try running your system.

hi,
    This could be wrong cabling / jumpers. Probably a hardware related problem. Check the cable connection, check and try other jumper settings, switch the IDE cable connector to the other one.