Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-02-2009

How to Format SCSI Hard Drive?

How to format a SCSI HDD ? I have an HP with scsi hard drive and I want to re-install windows XP.

can any one help me ?
Old 28-02-2009

Re: How to Format SCSI Hard Drive?

You need the driver disk for the SCSI card so Windows installer will see the SCSI HDD. Some older SCSI cards windows has inbuilt support. ie some of the older Adaptec ones. The files required will be on the driver disk you got with the SCSI card.
Old 28-02-2009

Boot the device, run FDISK to allocate partition if you haven't done so for the SCSI drive. Then you should be able to access it using a drive letter (such as C:) allocated by DOS. Run 'FORMAT' command as usual (ie. if the SCSI disk is give letter C, at the command prompt type
Old 28-02-2009

it may ask you for the Win98 CD, but should install. The second, is to use the NT cd to remove the partition. During the setup process, it will ask you where to install. At this time, you have the option to create or delete partitions. Delete any partitions and then reboot the machine without completing the install. This will allow you to use DOS fdisk to create a new partition and install Win98.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , ,