Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Freshly mounted PC that does not start

Hardware Peripherals

Old 27-02-2009

Freshly mounted PC that does not start

I just finished up my PC, and it does not ...

The interior, while the air to function normally, but nothing on the screen. Does this perhaps due to bad connections on the motherboard? My processor? (I had trouble mounting the fan, but good then put it into the air)

My new graphics card already down? (I have doubt on this card, purchased new, but in a non-sealed packaging, cardboard and torn on the inside, as if it were a pack).

My config:
Gigabyte motherboard EP45-UD3, Core 2 Duo 8500, Golden Sample 4850, WD 650GB AA, OCZ Vendetta2 fan, 4 GB of memory, Antec 6580 case

Old 27-02-2009

Re: Freshly mounted PC that does not start

If you occasionally test the graphics card on another PC, you will be set forth.

Otherwise you unplugged everything and you start with the bare minimum, and reconnect as a measurement and you can diagnose where the problem comes.
Old 27-02-2009

Frequently Asked Questions:

- You have plugged the power supply of PCI-E graphics card? (there is a beep anyway I think)

- The fans turn, the PC beep etc?
Old 27-02-2009

Unfortunately I do not have the opportunity to test my graphics card on another PC (the other is AGP ...).

The plug PCI-E is connected, the fan of the graphics card is running. Processor fan is not running against by. I read that he had to start only when needed. The PC does not beep. Pretty LED lights on the motherboard. When I note the PC, the fan stays. Is there a risk in the thermal paste if I put too?
Old 27-02-2009

Have you connected the power supply's 4 pin to CPU? Also don't you have a cable that comes from power supply and that plug into the motherboard.
Old 27-02-2009

I had plugged on CPU FAN.

If this is the main cable, yes. For me, it has a dozen of pin. The cable is split into 2, but plugged into the same "outlet".

Otherwise, no ...
Old 27-02-2009

Accurate, it may be that your power supply have only taken 4 PIN ... in which case you must refer to the motherboard manual to see how to plug.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , ,