Thread: Webcam sound problem

Webcam sound problem

Hello there,

My webcam is working fine with pictures and videos. But there is some problem with sound. It reports the microphone is muted but its not. How to fix it?

Thank You.

Re: Webcam sound problem

I would suggest you to use Skype. It is not really a 'solution' to your problem. But Skype is very good at NAT (and other LAN configurations) traversal. I used to have problems with other voice/video programs (my sip client, ichat) and skype worked with no extra configuration/setup.

Normal Web Camera’s have to be setup on the program they are to be used with. Just installing the camera on your computer does not set it up to broadcast on messengers or Skype.
    Each program has Options that have to be setup in order for the Audio and Video to function properly.

Skype Setup:
    Go to TOOLS, then OPTIONS, and click on Audio Settings and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card.

Yahoo Setup:
    Go to Messenger at the top left and click on it. Go down to Preferences and click it. Click on Calling and Devices on the right and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card. Then go to the Test Audio section and (in blue writing) click on “Open the call setup assistant” and follow the instructions on the left window.

Check for the driver updates. You can also try Tools =>Options =>audio settings => Check microphone setup for webcam.
    You can also do the 'Mic Test' using Sound Recorder: Go to Start => All Programs => Accessories => Entertainment => Sound Recorder.