Thread: Auto Boot Sequence in BIOS

Auto Boot Sequence in BIOS

Hi,
    I have a Micro Star International P7N SLI Platinum Mobotherboard with Sony DRX810UL Dual Layer DVD Writer ,the problem is after inserting cd it does not automatically begin the installation. I know this should be mindless, but previous wiondows versions just auto-started for me, so I never had to deal with this.What has happened and what is the solution?Can anyone help!!!

Re: Auto Boot Sequence in BIOS

As to the others a scripted disc can be developed to install on demand but would be dependent on the licensing issues....such as the accounting software will have to have corporate licensing or you will not be able to install it on all the different machines with the same code.

you should try replacing the battery, they are very inexpensive.You also might try clearing the CMOS via the jumper on the motherboard. You will probably need to look at the manual to find this jumper if you do not know where it is.

I had a kind of similar problem just a week ago. For me no matter how I set the boot order it always tried to boot from the USB device first. It caused the PC to hang during boot if there was any type of USB Mass Storage device attached to the PC. Clearing the CMOS fixed the problem for me.

hi,
    this varies depending on who made your computer. but when the computer starts look for a prompt to enter setup (bios), once there tab over to boot. from there you can change the boot order, so that the cd drive is first.