Thread: Problem of black screen

Problem of black screen

Hi all, I'm starting a new configuration for a friend.
    MSI K9AGM3 A new motherboard: MSI K9AGM3
    AMD 5000 +
    2x1 GB G. Skill 6400
    NX 8600 GTS
    LC Power 420W. A new LC Power 420W power supply.

The problem is that I start the PC, with only AC and DC connected IDE, without drive, and it makes me a black screen, no big, nothing. I even have the impression that SD not start. As against, the motherboard is an opportunity, the SO, but I tested on my PC, and also the ram but I have not tested that.

Should I try with another Data Drive SATA or IDE ... What you think ?
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

Re: Problem of black screen

Try making only 1 of strip of ram. If it does not, put it on another slot. Try again with another ram.

Also remove most things, even SD. In fact the leaves connected to food, and the power switch.

Are the ventilators turn?

PS: Many people here will make you feel guilty for your choice of power supply but for your configuration I think it is correct. This is a bad choice, but it should allow to run your machine at least.

Cpu, 1 strip of ram and graphics card should suffice to note sit your gear is functional or not! And if i am clearing CMOS on my motherboard it is not a luxury! The auxiliary power supply connector 4pin is plugged in ?

Yes, fans are running. It will take a second to clear CMOS, it is with a jumper, bizarre as on mine is a red button ... So, for the auxiliary connector, in fact I was not one who is separated, I put it next to the power supply. Normally it should be connected also (you must connect the 20 pins 4 and 4pin which lies next to the socket).
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

Normally it should be connected also (you must connect the 20 pins 4 and 4pin which lies next to the socket). Normally you need at least to connect the keyboard Does your HDD will start if you just leave it connected to the power supply?

Ok, I connected the pins 4 which is next to the socket, and removed a bar.
    This boot is good.

By against, no way to leave with the old XP partition, it even reboot in safe mode. The meantime, I just see something, on the motherboard, there is only one IDE port, as I have 2 hard disk drives and 2, how can I do ?

For the fact that xp not starting, is to change the chipset, it can not find the drivers. Xp repair can help resolve this problem. For ide, has added an additional card ide, I can not see.