Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

External Hard drive not recognized under Windows 98

Hardware Peripherals

Old 24-02-2009

External Hard drive not recognized under Windows 98

Hello,
My external hard drive Iomega brand is not recognized under Windows 98 SE.
I checked the manufacturer's website, but no solution works. If I plug the drive at the launch of Windows 98, the disk appears in the workstation. But it is impossible to access. I also checked if there were conflicts in IRQs level: no.

Could you help me. Thank you all

Old 24-02-2009

Re: External Hard drive not recognized under Windows 98

The compatibility of USB devices such as hard drives is risky unfortunately with Windows 98, In general, a CD with drivers for Windows 98 comes with external hard drive, did you installed ?
Old 24-02-2009

Yes. I installed the latest driver found on the manufacturer's website. But I saw that on the product packaging W98 was not mentioned! Probably it is not compatible ... How can I transfer my files from internal hard drive (under W98 ) ?
Old 24-02-2009

Possible that the disk has been formatted to NTFS (file system used by Windows XP and Vista). You can try with a Linux CD

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: ,