Thread: System trouble in imac

System trouble in imac

My iMac seems to run appropriately .Only I have to work on the logistics of moving data around. I suspect that something is damaged and not convinced what to do beyond what I've done so far is that i reinstalled application, repaired keys, and disk permission.

Re: System trouble in imac

What you describe sounds like the Wi-Fi performance troubles people are experiencing after 10.7 update and IOS 5. Some users were able to resolve them, some do not.

My wifi is working very well and I could not discover any explanation to similar troubles. Images on some WebPages do not load in Safari, but Firefox and load a dissimilar user account. So not convinced how they are related to a trouble wifi. Is there any other test you can run to attempt to pin point or find lost objects in the system to get injured or something?

Reset and immediately after the opening bell, press Option / Alt key until you see the boot options. You will have the normal Lion partition recovery and partition HD second call.If you are not afraid to delete the record, I would like to boot from a USB flash with the installer of Lion in it, and erase the disk before the proper installation. You can reinstall without formatting the disk, of course.

This means you have a good backup of your data. Restoring data should not bring back problems, unless the initial clone of the system and put it back. Restoring data does not necessarily imply that, but just put back the files and settings. In many cases, the problems are due to Snow Leopard update, and with major applications, incompatible with the lion. Disable / remove should resolve the trouble, nevertheless this might be slower than a new and radical to erase and install method.

I do not know if this applies, but the last time you received an "invalid certificate" error response was an older machine that the internal battery had taken place and the date of resumption of a defect before the initial date validity of certain licenses. You can check that the date is correct on your PC.

I cannot bet that will solve their problems, but, according to my experience, a memory and clean installation method as much as possible of the system.

There have been discussions on the upgrade method (SL or Lion). Apple engineering is to erase and install method many users actually erase / format your disk without being aware of data loss. For this to happen many times, but people lose their data, mainly because they have regular backups, and many do not even know that it is obligatory: the more you rely on a team with their work, the last backup is mandatory . Upgrading from SL to Lion is a common consequence: the bad behavior of the system as many have incompatible applications, many start-up after logging in and many in the category of system utilities.

I would suggest that Apple will teach users to backup their data; this can be done easily if Mac sold with a disk of external backup, at least the internal disk capacity, if not bigger. This is simple and easy to implement, and not expensive.

Produce a new user go to System Preferences> Users and Groups> "+" (make an account manager) and test the applications of this new account, if they work the trouble is isolated from its user and all the system.

First I fortunately I have a Time machine backup, and if the re-install does not work I'll do a erase and install and recover my photos, music, movies, and other data parallel. I set up another user account and took care of my trouble with safari, but there was no way to test iTunes unless I brought my data and try to run game. If that does not work take it in that user account is the way to go before a full erase and install>? Do I need to configure the new user account as administrator? This account can use the TM backup? What other kinds of things should I consider or avoid?

I am not suggesting that the transfer of all new users yet. I like to make the account, if, as a last resort, we can do.

Attempt in a different way. Re-enter your user account. Then boot in safe mode (you will have more time for the start because it performs a check of directory.) See how your account works that way.

Wi-Fi can be exaggerated by safe mode. Boot back into your standard account .Go to System Preferences>> Accounts> Login Items> and delete them. Log off and on or Restart and attempt.

If not go to / Users / your name / Library / Contextual Menu Items and move everything to the desktop. Then do the same with / Library / Contextual Menu Items. Lastly, attempt moving / Users / your name / Library / Fonts to your desktop. Exit / or restart, if you establish to put orders for return items one by one until you discover the offender.

Remove startup items and nothing. IPhoto flow not connects and some missing web page graphics. I'm not interested in the trial and error by moving the menu items and supplies around.

I have installed a few weeks ago. I thought about uninstalling (even if you lose your backup servers). This was one of the startup items that went out and I still had the problem so I'm not sure if I have to try one more step in the uninstallation.