Thread: Is There Dual Connector for Printer ?

Is There Dual Connector for Printer ?

Hello, Here is My problem , I want to connect my single printer to Two printers So I am looking for a Dual or Double connector for an HP printer, so we can put or Connect the two computers to the same printer. Some who know about these plugs or Connector Then please Tell me ? Have searched a lot but Can not find it. Hope there is someone who can help! Thanks in Advance

Re: Is There Dual Connector for Printer ?

Hello,I do not think can be done unless you think a usb switch? But there is still only one computer to the printer at a time although there are 2 physical computers. Try searching on "print server". Do not know that is what you're looking for.may be it Could help

Hello ,You need a sharing switch. There are several of them on the internet . You can connect USB devices (like a printer or external drive) to two or more computers and select which one is active with the push of a button. A USB hub is a device that allows many USB devices to be connected to a single USB port on the host computer or another hub. USB hubs are often built into equipment, normally keyboards, or monitors or more rarely printers. Separate USB hubs come in a wide variety of form factors from boxes that look similar to a network hub to small designs intended to be plugged directly into the USB port on a computer (that is, without a connecting cable). A bus-powered hub is a hub that draws all its power from the host computer's USB interface. It does not need a separate power connection. However, many devices require more power than this method can provide, and will not work in this type of hub. USB current (related to power) is allocated in units of 100 mA up to a maximum total of 500 mA per port. Therefore a compliant bus powered hub can have no more than four downstream ports and cannot offer more than four 100 mA units of current in total to downstream devices (since one unit is needed for the hub itself). If more units of current are required by a device than can be supplied by the port it is plugged into, the operating system usually reports this to the user. In contrast a self-powered hub is one that takes its power from an external power supply unit and can therefore provide full power (up to 500mA) to every port. Many hubs can operate as either bus powered or self powered hubs.

Yup for your problem a 2-port USB sharing switch would be perfect allows up to two computers to share a single USB device or share multiple USB devices through a USB hub. Great for setups that require multiple computers sharing a USB Cable Modem, USB printer, scanner, ZIP drive, and/or other USB peripherals.In addition this USB sharing switch can also be expanded as a USB KVM switch combined with USB keyboard/mouse trough a USB hub or a PS/2 KVM switch combined with a PS/2 keyboard/mouse through a USB to PS/2 adapter cable. You can make it work any way you want