Thread: My DVD drive error "The application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000006). Click in ok to terminate the application

My DVD drive error "The application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000006). Click in ok to terminate the application

Everytime I insert a cd or dvd into my dvd drive which is a Lite-ON DVDRW SHM
    this message apears "The application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000006). Click in ok to terminate the application" so please help

Re: My DVD drive error "The application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000006). Click in ok to terminate the application

Please provide details about which operating system you are using in your computer and other system specification so that I can give solution according to that. Does this error appears while using any CD or DVD or you get this while using CD or DVD of any particular brand?

Re: My DVD drive error "The application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000006). Click in ok to terminate the application

You should start your computer in safe mode and then see whether you are facing same problem not? Booting your computer in safe mode will start your system with limited drivers which are necessary.

• You have to first restart your computer.
    • After that keep pressing F8 key.
    • It will take you to advanced boot option.
    • Choose safe mode option.

If this problem does not occur after starting your computer in safe mode then any of software in your computer is causing this problem. You can identify that problem by performing clean boot. To perform clean boot you have to type msconfig in start menu search box (win7) or go to start menu and select run and type msconfig. Now press enter key and and it will open system configuration utility then you have to uncheck Load startup items option. Go to the services tab and then you have to select hide all Microsoft service option and then click on disable all option and then click ok and restart your computer.

Restart your computer and then you have to go to the Advanced Boot Options and then select Last Known Good Configuration, it will most recent configuration which worked perfectly in your system . Now when your computer starts at that time you have to insert any CD or DVD in your DVD drive and then see what the result is?

It is a bit hard to tell why this error occurs as it is associated to multiple issues. Basically when the system fails to load some crucial libraries like dll's ,etc the error appear to terminate the process. There can be two issue behind this. First the DVD is not working properly. Because of hardware failure Windows is not able to read the Disc. Second the autoplay is not working properly. Insert the disc and press Shift till the DVD light is gone. Then open My Computer and open the DVD drive. If again the error appears then it means your DVD is gone bad.

There are some tools that can help you to find the issue. I am listing some Testing software which can be used to Test your DVD drive. The first one is CDRoller. This tool offer you to test and recover data from disc. Second is CD Check which find issue with CD drive. The only thing it lack is support for a DVD. And the last one is CD/DVD Diagnostic. It is a kind of Diagnostic program which can be used to find the issue with your drive and disc.